How to Stop Calls on iPhone without Blocking – If you’re like most people, you probably receive at least a few unwanted calls every day. Whether it’s a telemarketer, a robocall, or just someone who has the wrong number, these calls can be annoying and disruptive.
Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to stop calls on your iPhone without having to block the number.
Understanding the Different Types of Calls
Before we dive into the steps of how to stop calls on iPhone without blocking, it’s important to understand the different types of calls that you might receive.
Telemarketers and Robocalls
Telemarketers and robocalls are the most common types of unwanted calls. These calls are usually automated and are designed to sell you something. They can be very annoying, and they often come at the most inconvenient times.
Another type of call that you might receive is a wrong number. This is when someone accidentally dials your number instead of someone else’s. While these calls can be frustrating, they are usually not malicious and can be easily resolved.
Scam calls are another type of call that you might receive. These calls are usually from people who are trying to scam you out of your personal information or money. They can be very convincing, so it’s important to be cautious when receiving these calls.
How to Stop Calls on iPhone without Blocking
Now that you understand the different types of calls you might receive, let’s dive into the steps of how to stop calls on iPhone without blocking.
Silence Unknown Callers
One of the easiest ways to stop calls on your iPhone is to silence unknown callers. This feature is built into the iPhone and can be turned on in the settings. When this feature is turned on, calls from numbers that are not in your contacts list will be automatically silenced and sent to voicemail.
Use Call Blocking Apps
Another option is to use a call-blocking app. There are many different call-blocking apps available on the App Store, and they can be a great way to stop unwanted calls. These apps work by automatically blocking calls from numbers that are known to be associated with telemarketers or robocalls.
There are several call blocking apps available for iPhone users to help block unwanted calls. Here are a few popular options:
- Mr. Number: This app allows you to block both calls and texts from any number or contact, as well as create a blacklist of numbers to block automatically. It also provides the option to block private or unknown numbers.
- Call Blocker: This app is designed to block unwanted calls, including telemarketers and robocalls. It also provides the option to create a whitelist of numbers that will always be able to reach you.
- Truecaller: This app not only blocks unwanted calls, but also identifies unknown numbers, providing information such as the name of the caller and the location. It also has a “Spam Blocker” feature that automatically blocks calls and texts from known spam numbers.
- Hiya: This app provides real-time caller ID and spam blocking, as well as the option to block calls and texts from specific numbers or contacts. It also allows you to report numbers that are spamming you, helping to improve the accuracy of its spam blocking feature.
- Call Control: This app not only blocks unwanted calls, but also provides a comprehensive “Caller ID” feature, allowing you to see who is calling even if they are not in your contacts list. It also provides the option to block text messages from specific numbers or contacts.
It’s important to compare the features and user reviews of different call blocking apps to determine which one is right for you. Some apps may have more features or a better user experience than others, so it’s important to find the app that works best for your needs.
Report the Number to the FTC
If you receive a call from a number that you believe is a telemarketer or robocall, you can report the number to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC uses this information to help track down the source of the calls and to take action against the people responsible.
Block the Number Manually
Finally, if all else fails, you can always block the number manually. To do this, simply go to your recent calls list and tap the “i” next to the number that you want to block. From there, you can select “Block this Caller.” This will prevent that number from being able to call or text you in the future.
In conclusion, there are many different ways how to stop calls on iPhone without blocking. Whether you choose to silence unknown callers, use a call-blocking app, report the number to the FTC, or block the number manually, you can take control of your phone and avoid unwanted calls.
Go to your iPhone’s “Settings” app.
Scroll down to the “CALL SILENCING AND BLOCKED CONTACTS” section.
Toggle on the “Silence Unknown Callers” switch.
With this feature turned on, calls from numbers that are not in your contacts list will be automatically silenced and sent straight to voicemail. This can help reduce the number of unwanted calls that you receive, allowing you to focus on the calls that matter most.
No, when you block a number on your iPhone, it will prevent that number from calling or texting you. However, you can still receive iMessages from a blocked number if they are sent through Apple’s messaging app.
When you block a number on your iPhone, that number will not be able to call or text you. Calls from a blocked number will be automatically sent to voicemail, and text messages from a blocked number will not be delivered to your phone.
Some call-blocking apps are free, while others require a purchase or subscription. It’s important to read the reviews and compare the features of different call-blocking apps before making a decision.
Yes, you can unblock a number on your iPhone by going to your settings, selecting “Phone,” and then “Blocked Contacts.” From there, you can select the number that you want to unblock and tap “Unblock.”
That’s how to stop calls on iPhone without blocking. Hopefully, no more unwanted calls ringing on your iPhone.